Saturday, April 02, 2011

Busy Busy Tigers March 22-25

       On Tuesday, March 22nd, Clark and Mary Ann came up and spent a few days.  What a fun, busy time.  As it happened, Jerry and Bev (with their daughter, Sherri and her daughter, Sarah) were in town to pick up a piece of furniture Bev and Jerry bought earlier.  Soooo - we met them at the Red Lobster and had a nice dinner with them.  Sometimes, the unexpected treats are the best.  Of course, that meant that I didn't have to cook (everyone knows I HATE to cook but know the best places to eat).  Then we came home and visited until we just had to go get some sleep.
      By Wednesday morning Clark had bonded with my new "baby", Mya, and played with her.  As a reminder - Mya is a shepherd mix and weighs in at 80+ by now (I do know how to put food from bag to dish).  She is such a sweet thing.  OK - so is Clark.
      After our  breakfast (I do a make-do breakfast) and then we went shopping.  Lots of shopping!  Instead of lunch (lucky me) we went to an early dinner.  If you haven't eaten at the Davenport Hotel for their "Early Bird Special", you are missing something wonderful. 
      Thursday (a repeat of breakfast) we did a bit more shopping and early afternoon we took a drive out to Gary and Karen Correll's BEAUTIFUL home.  He's getting it in shape (it is sooooo nice) for the '53-'54'55 reunion in September.  It's always a fun visit with them.  I think I told you that his wife, Karen, and I were in 3rd grade together in Grand Coulee.  Very small world.
      Friday morning we went to the Old European for breakfast.  If you are in Spokane in the morning, that is THE best place for breakfast.
      Back to the house and they packed up and left.  I hate company to go, but go they must.

More on next post.  busy busy busy continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment