Friday, June 24, 2011

1955 Cheerleaders at Assembly

L-R:  Lois Haney kissing Bill "Peewee" Vaughn; Micaela Peterson waiting her turn; Ruby Simonson getting to be last (sigh!) 
How cool is this!  Finding a few more "things" in my "things" and will share what I find.  Does that make sense?  Guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Our wonderful cheer leading outfits aren't quite what you would see today.  They consisted of white corduroy pedal pushers (old phrase for old people) and the warm up jackets that belonged to the guys.  Not sure who had #7 but I wore #4 that was Alan Nicks' number. AND - to refresh the memories that may still exist out there in never-never land; we, the Cheerleaders were all kicked-off/fired/dismissed (choose your adjective) for smoking in uniform in the parking lot at a game.  Let that be a lesson to all the young people out there.  We were shamed but live on  -stronger for the lesson - or maybe just live on.

Stay tuned - will put more pictures on.  You can send me some from your personal files to share, too.  You have my email and know where I live so send away.

No comments:

Post a Comment