Friday, June 24, 2011

Was this Pep Club Initiation?

"Ginny, Ruby"  1955
In my fuzzy fuzzy memory, I recall that this was more than likely our Junior year (1953-4) and it may have been for Pep Club initiation (anyone have better memories).  Also, I recall that when we were approached by a Senior we were to bow before them (I imagine it was the male species) and say "Allah, Allah, you are the salt of the earth and I am but the dust!.  Now go figure - I can remember stupid stuff like this and how to talk the famous "double talk" and not know where I put the darn pen I was just writing with.  Therein lies the difference between long term and short term memory loss!!! 

How nice it is that our class is still close and I have had Ginny (Virginia) visit my home several times and she is planning on coming to our next reunion, too.  That's remarkable as it isn't all that easy for her anymore.  Looking forward to seeing you all in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment